Monday, October 14, 2013

The Viking Helmet (Part 2)


Greetings .

This is PART TWO of my viking helmet manufacturing comedy of errors.

Here I make a 'Planishing Anvil'. This is a tool used to smooth the metal after it's hammered. .Normally a large solid steel ball is used, but I didn't have a large steel ball, I just had a fencepost.

I used my radial saw to cut a rough point on the fencepost


Here I ground it down to a rough rounded shape with my Bench Grinder


I squared it up using my radial saw so it would 
Stick in my bench vice. I made it square since it was uneven
on top and I thought I may want to turn it. i.e. I could have 
squared only two sides but wanted options. 


My handy dandy hole marking jig (before I punched the holes in it)


Holes are punched. Now it can be used to mark holes on the frame.

The video. I don't know why there's no preview image. 
Rest assured it's just an image of a fencepost. 





No comments:

Post a Comment