Sunday, October 13, 2013

I Begin My Attempt to Make a Viking Helmet (PART 1)



Greetings .

This is PART ONE of my viking helmet manufacturing comedy of errors.

In this post I blog my attempt to make a viking helmet using actual metal. Why, you ask? WHY NOT!? Is this not a  country where a guy can wake up one morning and say: "I need a badass viking helmet!!"?. . I say it is!. .

Also. .Halloween. .

Anyway. I looked around the internet and got some ideas and so took a crack at it. If you are interested in making your own helmet, watch to the end because LOTS of mistakes are made along the way and (mostly) corrected.


Here I showoff the humble beginnings of my soon to be awesome viking beard. 


This is the paper model I made for my kid. . He showed remarkably little interest in this. 


The fencepost I use to make my planishing anvil.. Anybody have a shot-put?


Some tools


This is my uncut dishing-stump. Later, I carve a dish out of the top


22-Gauge steel. In hindsight I should have used heavier 
Steel for the frame.. This worked fine for the plating, though. 


The whole video! (The tank-top was a bad idea)



No comments:

Post a Comment